Message from our CHAIRMAN
"Albaugh – Your Alternative" is the short way to describe what we are all about. We create and supply crop protection products used by farmers across the globe thereby making their farming operations more economical. We are ultimately helping produce and secure an affordable supply of food to help feed and support the population of the world.
Today, Albaugh is a global business, offering an ever-expanding portfolio of crop protection products in the key agricultural regions of North America, Mexico/LATAM North, Brazil/Paraguay, Argentina/LATAM South, Europe/MEA and China/Asia/Pacific. From these locations we are also serving other markets such as Central America, South America and Africa. In each of our key regions, we operate manufacturing facilities which assure the quality and competitiveness of the products that we supply. We value the cooperation with our distributors and partners, as we operate very efficiently, with lean organizations throughout our company. Albaugh’s focus on efficiency is a critical business component and is embedded in the teams responsible for active ingredient sourcing, supply chain, production and sales support.
Today the ambitious goals, entrepreneurship, focus, persistence, and integrity have never been stronger in our company culture. On behalf of all Albaugh colleagues, it is my pleasure to invite you to learn more about our company and how we strive to support farmers, distributors and partners by living up to our brand "Albaugh – Your Alternative".
Albaugh Announces Facilities Expansion in St. Joseph, Missouri
September 19, 2022
Albaugh LLC is pleased to announce the expansion of our flagship North American manufacturing facility, located in St. Joseph, Missouri. Albaugh purchased an additional 25 acres of property across the street from the St. Joseph facility.
Albaugh to substantially increase production of 2,4-D
August 26, 2022
In response to increasing demand for 2,4-D in the USA and other markets, Albaugh has initiated a project to substantially increase the in-house production of the active ingredient over the next few years.
Legend™ 5L ST Insecticide Seed Treatment Launched in US Seed Treatment Market
August 16, 2022
Albaugh is pleased to announce the registration from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for Legend™ 5L ST, a new insecticide seed treatment offering available for sale in fall 2022.
Albaugh is the global leader in the production and sale of post-patent crop protection products and is uniquely positioned to service farmers, distributors and partners in all our markets with a broad portfolio of high quality, competitively priced products. Success is achieved through Albaugh’s strategic focus areas:
- High quality products trusted by farmers for decades
- Outstanding customer service and reliability
- Competitive sourcing and supply chain for key ingredients
- Flexible and efficient manufacturing operations in all markets
- Low cost sales and support structure ensuring long term competitiveness
The continued addition of new products to the portfolio and expansion into more segments will secure future strong growth benefitting the farmers, distributors and partners we serve around the world.
Core Product Portfolio
Albaugh supplies a broad portfolio of crop protection products to cover the many needs of farmers and other users globally. The core product portfolio is based on five key active ingredients produced in our own plants as well as numerous other active ingredients sourced from the most reliable suppliers globally.
- Glyphosate The leading herbicide used globally for total non-selective weed control in no-till, burndown and in-crop applications in agriculture as well as many other applications in turf, ornamentals, forestry, land management and non-crop segments. Albaugh offers glyphosate in numerous formulations and mixtures in all our markets.
- 2,4-D A well-established selective herbicide for control of broadleaf weeds in several crops such as cereals, corn and pasture, as well as in pre-plant burndown applications and in non-crop segments. Albaugh offers 2.4-D in numerous formulations and mixtures in all our markets.
- Dicamba A key post-emergence selective herbicide for control of broadleaf weeds in numerous crops and in non-crop applications. Albaugh has been marketing dicamba in numerous formulations and mixtures in USA for many years and is now expanding our participation to our other markets.
- Copper A traditional contact fungicide protecting numerous crops from important diseases. Albaugh offers many types of copper fungicides globally and in numerous formulations, including the unique HIBIO® technology offering increased bio-efficacy at lower rates.
- Atrazine A traditional broadleaf herbicide primarily used in corn and no-till burndown applications. Albaugh is marketing atrazine only in the Mercosur countries of South America.
- Other Products Albaugh is marketing a wide portfolio of herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, seed treatment products, plant growth regulators, specialty products, and biological products.
Please refer to the regional site for each market for more information on the specific product portfolios offered in that region.
Global Executive Committee
Albaugh is operated according to a global matrix organization. Each Market has full responsibility for execution of all local activities and for results. The group leadership functions are responsible for setting policies and priorities and for coordinating across the Markets.
- Kurt Pedersen Kaalund Group Chief Executive Officer Kurt was appointed as CEO of Albaugh in 2014. Before joining Albaugh, Kurt worked for Cheminova for 24 years, the last 5 of which as the CEO. Kurt holds a Master’s degree in Strategy & Marketing and Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Economics from Aarhus University.
- Stuart Feldstein Executive VP and Deputy Chief Executive Officer Stuart was appointed Executive Vice President of Albaugh in 2014 and Deputy CEO in 2019 after serving in several other positions within Albaugh since 1996. Stuart’s function covers executive management support including M&A, human resource management, strategic registration asset management, intellectual property management, and special projects, as well as the legal and company secretary responsibilities. Stuart previously practiced law in Des Moines, Iowa including in matters regarding FIFRA and state pesticide laws. Stuart has Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Arts degrees from the University of Chicago
- Douglas ("Dak") Kaye President, North America Prior to his appointment as President, North America in 2022, Dak had served as the Chief Commercial Officer for Albaugh with responsibility for the commercial activities and the leadership of the 5 Market Presidents. Dak joined Albaugh in 2011 as the CFO for Europe and succeeded to the position of President, Europe in 2012 prior to becoming the CCO. Before joining Albaugh Dak served as the CFO of Alligare. Dak holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a Master of Science degree in Accountancy from Auburn University.
- Cesar Rojas
President, Brazil/Paraguay Cesar originally joined Albaugh as the President, Argentina in November 2016 and was appointed to oversee operations in Brazil in 2019. Cesar has 25 years of experience as General Director and President in various agchem roles in Latin America. Cesar has a Bachelor's degree in Agronomy Engineering and has completed post-graduate studies in business administration from INSEAD.
- Carlos Saavedra
President, Mexico /LATAM North Carlos joined Albaugh as President, Mexico and Latin America North in May of 2022. Carlos previously served as Rotam's Regional Head of LAN for seven years and in several roles during his 22-year service with Dow AgroSciences. Carlos has a bachelor's degree in agronomy and completed post-graduate studies in marketing, finance, and leadership and is Six Sigma Black Belt certified.
- Stephen Karl President, Europe/MEA Stephen was appointed President, Europe in 2019 and joined Albaugh from UPL/Arysta. Stephen has various agricultural experience including managing a large industrial farm, oilseed crush & biodiesel facilities and grain trading. Stephen has a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Boston University.
- Jens Thorsen Chief Marketing OfficerJens is the head of the Group Marketing function which includes New Product Development and Proprietary Products. Prior to joining Albaugh in 2019, Jens worked in various marketing and commercial positions with Cheminova for 17 years. As CMO, Jens is responsible for business development, product portfolio management, marketing intelligence, registration and data development, and the addition of innovative products to the portfolio.
- Russell Browning Chief Operations Officer Russell, is responsible for planning, sourcing, procurement, logistics, and supply intelligence and analysis. Russell held procurement-related roles in Griffin LLC and Micro Flo Company before joining the Albaugh team in 2003. Russell has a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Valdosta State University.
- John Froehlich Chief Technology Officer John was appointed CTO in 2019. In this role John’s responsibilities include production, formulation & packaging, manufacturing technology, synthesis process & formulation development, & EHS&Q. Prior to this appointment John held several other roles within Albaugh, including manager of Albaugh's plant in St. Joseph, Missouri and, since 2014, Vice President, Production. Before joining Albaugh John led production activities at Nalco Company, ConAgra Foods and FMC Agricultural Products Group. John has a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Nebraska.
- Todd Figley Chief Financial Officer Todd was appointed CFO in 2019 after having served in leadership roles in accounting and finance for Albaugh since 1998 including the position of Vice President, Finance since 2014. Todd's responsibilities include oversight of all accounting, analysis & reporting, finance, treasury & tax, and IT & BI Systems for Albaugh. Todd previously worked for Deloitt & Touche LLP from 1990-1998 in public accounting. Todd has a Bachelor's degree in accounting from Iowa State University.
SELECT A REGION
Please select a region below to be taken to that Web site.
Covering USA and Canada, the business is managed from the headquarters in Ankeny, Iowa. A very broad portfolio based on products containing glyphosate, 2.4-D, dicamba, copper and numerous other active ingredients are marketed in both countries for agricultural uses. In addition we offer products for specialty (e.g. T&O), seed treatment and other uses in the USA. Manufacturing, formulation and packaging are located centrally to the market at St. Joseph, Missouri, offering efficient responsiveness and timely distribution to customers.
Visit Albaugh United States website
Visit Albaugh Canada website
Managed from the Buenos Aires headquarters, the business covers the entire country of Argentina as well as the other markets in Latin America South. The portfolio has historically been focused on products based on the core herbicides glyphosate, 2.4-D and atrazine but is continuously being expanded with additional important products for the local markets. Dedicated manufacturing plants for glyphosate, 2.4-D and atrazine are operated in Pilar, Rio Tercero and San Nicolás with formulation and packaging activities for other products located in the key agricultural area of San Nicolás.
Visit Albaugh Argentina website
Originally focused on core herbicides and the South of the country, the portfolio has now been expanded through the acquisition of Consagro and continued product development to address the needs of farmers throughout the country, including the important Cerrado region. The business is headquartered in São Paulo, and our manufacturing plant in Resende, RJ manufactures copper fungicides and performs formulation and packaging activities for our other products.
Visit Albaugh Brazil website
Our headquarters are located in Guadalajara, Jalisco and our manufacturing site is located in Chihuahua, Chihuahua. Our products are Fungicides, Bactericides, Herbicides, Insecticides and foliar Nutrients, as well as growth regulators and adjuvants, which can be purchased with our distributors throughout the territory in Mexico. From Mexico we also serve Central America, the Caribbean and the Andean Pact region.
Visit Albaugh Mexico website
Headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, the Market is covered by local sales forces covering all country markets in Europe and, in addition, serves customers in the Middle East and Africa. Originally dominated by products based on glyphosate and copper, the portfolio is continuously being expanded with new product registrations. The business is serviced by formulation and packaging activities at the centrally located plant in Race, Slovenia.
Visit Albaugh Europe website
Headquartered in Hong Kong, the business is managed in three key commercial areas as China, India and Asia Pacific. The Asia Pacific includes South East Asia, East Asia and Australasia. With multiple production sites such as two synthesis and one formulation sites in India, three formulation facilities in Mainland China, and a plant in Taiwan, we offer comprehensive portfolio of high quality crop protection across all the markets. The extensive R&D facilities in China and India along with a GLP certified lab for data generation and a field research station, both located in China, put us in a strong position to continuously develop and bring new and effective crop protection solutions to our customers.